Celtic Manor Resort, Newport, 24-26 January 2019
Registration for Congress 2019 is now open, please click here to register.
Each year we present interesting and innovative CPD content from speakers both within and outside the veterinary profession. Click here to see which speakers will be joining us in 2019.
The focus for 2019 will be on recruitment, retention and strong leadership. Click here for a summary of each session. Highlights include:
- Our Congress Opener, Kate Richardson-Walsh OBE who led the England and Great Britain Hockey Team for 13 years culminating in Gold at the 2016 Rio Olympics
- Two streams dedicated to recruitment and retention of the whole practice team
- Susan Room, professional voice and executive coach, builds confidence, listening and communication skills with her 4-stage model
- A brand-new Vet Stay! Stream, in collaboration with Vets: Stay, Go, Diversify, explores options for developing fulfilling careers without leaving veterinary practice, alongside the ever popular New to Management Stream
- Caroline Clarke discusses new research around gender bias within the veterinary profession
- Nuala Summerfield presents the business case for telemedicine, analysing threats and opportunities for practices
- Emma Mamo from Mind shares experience from other sectors of managing mental health in the workplace
- A repeat of our focused Equine Stream, plus a second run of the Large Animal Stream, including case studies from large animal owners and managers
- New for 2019: Practical Mindfulness in the Workplace with Sean Gilgallon, Citation
The exhibition will again take place in the dedicated exhibition hall, with plenty of space to chill out whilst meeting a wide range of suppliers with advice on marketing, management, relevant products and business development.
We’re ‘Havana’ ball…
We may not have the tropical breezes and shady palms but be prepared for an abundance of flamboyant fun at this year’s Presidents’ Banquet, where the theme will be a touch of Cuba. Our high energy festival and party band, RPJ, is headed by Rick Parfitt Jnr supported by some of the finest session musicians in the country. Congress will start on Thursday night with a cabaret evening featuring magicians, time-travellers and all-round spiffing chaps, Morgan and West.
We’re delighted to be back at the 5-star Celtic Manor with its luxury spa, multiple restaurants, comfortable bedrooms and spacious bars. All Congress delegates are welcome to use these fabulous facilities, not just those staying in the resort.
Congress offers something for everyone within the practice team, from owner to veterinary nurse, from veterinary surgeon to practice manager, so don’t miss this chance to bring your team together for two days of inspiring content, memorable networking and dazzling entertainment. Practices bringing 3 or more members benefit from a 15% group discount when registering.
Our chosen charity for 2018 is the StreetVet – click here for more details.
Thanks very much to all who came and made Congress 2018 such a fantastic event – please click here for some photos from the weekend. If you joined us at Congress, please click here to access the speaker presentations.